Last Friday night our ward had an Elders Quorum date night. They activity was to go up to Aspen Grove to go X-Country skiing at night! It sounded pretty cool so we decided to go. Misty and Barry decided to come along with us. We took our little KIA Rio. The weather was not the greatest that day. But we decided to dress warm and go anyways. We all meet at the church and then carpooled up the canyon. As we turned off the main road to head up to Aspen Grove it was snowing really hard and the roads were way icy. We barley made it to Sundance and decided the roads were to bad and to turn around and the group of us would just get ice cream some where. As we were headed down to the main road our car started to slide and slide and slide some more until we ended on the side of the road having one tire hanging off the edge of a cliff and the other front tire being way to close to going off the edge. I do not know what stopped us. But I am so glad we stopped. If we would have gone over we would have landed in the river and most likely gone upside down. It was pretty crazy! As we got out we called to get a tow truck. Cars kept trying to stop and help but as they slowed down there car would start to slide. One car came really close to hitting us as it was sliding. A Sundance truck came down to help and they were even sliding in 4 wheel drive. The Highway Patrol came to help us and they had to walk up the road to find us because even there car would not make it up. So to make a long story short we stood on the side of the road for 2 hours in the freezing snow storm. Trying no to get hit by sliding cars. Until a tow truck could make it to us. He then pulled us back on the road and we drove home. What a fun way to spend a date night! I hope the Walkers will forgive us for trying to kill them. Maybe they will trust us one day again and we can go out on a real date!!! Thanks Babe for being a good driver and not taking us all the way over the edge.
The 4 of us trying to make light of the whole situation!!!

This is the side that was still on solid ground

This is not the best picture but it was way dark and snowing so you do what you can! This is the side over the edge!
5 comments:
That is just crazy! Korey must have some mad driving skillz! Glad you guys are okay. See why I don't like snow?!
that is really scary! I'm glad you guys are OK. Way to close for comfort being that close to the edge. It was fun to run into you at Paradise Bakery awhile ago.
Yikes! The car looks like it might fall if you blew on it too hard.
I would have freaked out! And then I would have frozen to death waiting for the tow truck! What an exciting story. I'm glad it had a happy ending!
Uh, oh my gosh! I would have been freaking out and telling everyone what had happened so I can't believe I haven't heard about this till now. I am glad everything turned out well, geez!
Post a Comment