Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All Things McKay

I got a new camera for our Anniversary and I am now able to get pictures onto my computer without having to go to Costco, put them on a CD, come home and download them to my computer. I was able to use my old memory card for my new camera. So I am able to post the pictures that I have taken the past while. Come to find out I have been very bad at taking pictures lately. It is hard to be excited about taking pictures when your camera sucks. As I was going threw the picture I realized that most of the pictures are things McKay has done lately. He has been very busy. So I am dedicating this post my amazing Son McKay!

Back in February McKay was in a play at his school. All the kids did an awesome job and it turned out to be such a great production! Even though my Son did not have a major part I thought he was the star of the show! He had 3 parts. These are the picture of him in his Police Officer uniform. So cute:)






Then on March 23rd it was his Birthday and he turned 11. That is right I have a child who is 11. I feel so old! He did not want a huge party so he just invited some of his good buddies and we took them to see the movie "How to train your Dragon". It was an awesome show we all loved it. Then all he wanted was a fish tank & a Lego cake for his birthday. So we obliged and it has been a pretty cool gift. If only we could keep the fish alive!

This is my attempt to a Lego. He liked it that is all that matters!




So with McKay turning 11 he was advanced from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. If they did everything they were suppose to they not only get there scouting awards but they get "The Arrow Of Light". McKay is always so good about scouts he enjoys going and for the most part does not complain about having to do a little extra at home for his merit badges. They have a fun ceremony to welcome the boys who are advancing. Along with McKay there was two other boys who turned 11 at the same time. We are so proud of him for all his work.







This past week the 5th graders at McKay's school had a chance to be in the "Hope Of America". I thought it was a really neat performance and the kids did great. I have a few picture from it even though you cannot see McKay in them. I know he is there & that is all that matters.

I was surprised how good the flag looked!

The last song was cool with how they did the flashlights on & off!


We also just finished Soccer season. The day of McKay's last game is the day I got my new camera. So I was testing out while he was playing and got a couple of shots of him. I love to go and watch his team they are getting better each year. He has been with most of these boys since they were about 5. So it has been fun to watch them grow and get better. I am having mixed feelings about next year being his last year to play Rec Soccer. But he has no desire to play comp. So we will just have to see what happens.



McKay and His team in a huddle at the end of the last game!

5 comments:

Tiana said...

Such a cute kiddo!

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

I LOVE this boy! What a great kid and nephew!

Ivy said...

How fun! Happy belated birthday McKay!

Molly said...

Welcome back to the blogging world!

Lisa Summerhays said...

I can;t believe he is eleven!! That make me feel old too. Sounds like he is busy but doing oh so good. :)