Saturday, June 13, 2009

S'mores


Last night we had a block party at a neighbor's house. I was assigned to bring 2 dozen cookies. Well I was not in the mood to make cookies. So instead I made a batch of rice krispies treats. My kids like to make them different colors each time we make them. So Ryan picked orange as his color today. Then I made some S'mores. Oh how I love s'mores they are so yummy:)My Grandma Beth would always make these and I would eat the whole pan. Since she is no longer around to do so I have taken it upon myself to make them for different family things. Well do to popular demand I am now adding the recipes here so that you to may all enjoy this very yummy treats too!!!

1 bag (10.5 oz) miniature marshmallows (5 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (9 oz)
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 box (13 oz) Golden Grahams® cereal (8 cups)

1. Grease 13x9-inch pan with butter. Reserve 1 cup of the marshmallows. In 3-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and remaining 4 1/2 cups marshmallows over low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
2. Pour cereal into large bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until evenly coated. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows.
3. With buttered back of spoon, press mixture in pan. Cool at least 1 hour or until firm. Store loosely covered at room temperature. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Shall we call you Holly Homemaker???
Those look so good-I lvoe S'mores and I love Golden Grahams.

The Strickland Gang said...

I love those! Now I am craving them.

Shana said...

Oh great, these look way tooooooo good!!! I am going to make them next week FOR SURE!!! I Would say tomorrow, but we will be gone all day. Hey- you should come with us tomorrow to the salem pond! :) Hooray he got his braces off. I bet he is excited and has a great smile! :)