Monday, June 15, 2009
Phase 1 Done!
Today to McKay's surprise he got his braces off. WAHOOOOOO!!! We are so happy for him. So until the rest of his permanent teeth come in he will have to wear a retainer. Then he will have to have braces put back on for phase 2, but it will only be for a shorter time period then if we would have started this whole thing later in life. I am so proud of him he has been so tough through this whole thing and has hardly complained. Read HERE for all the things he has had done to his poor "jacked up" mouth. His smile looks so great now and we looked back at pictures of before and were in shock of what a mess things were. We did not realize how bad they were until we see them now. When he got his braces off today he had a lose tooth and the Dr offered to pull it. But McKay nicely declined. So a little bit after he went to bed he came out complaining about how wiggly his tooth was. So Korey looked at it and it was hanging by a thread so he made him wiggle and wiggle until it came out so that it would not fall out in his sleep. I hope the Tooth Fairy realizes how hard he worked today and gives him a little extra. I am so proud of my guy for being so brave. Way to go bud you look great!!! I will have to post a before and after picture sometime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My brother had a similar thing done. Too bad I was already grown when my parents decided braces might be a good thing. I'll bet he is so glad to have them off.
I wish they did braces like that when we were little. I had braces from 14-almost 18 (freshman year to senior year). I got them off just in time for senior pics! SUCKED! He will love that he has a great smile earlier in life!
Post a Comment