A couple of weekends ago we went with Korey's family and hiked up to Timponogas Caves. It is only a mile and a half up. But it is a steep mile and a half. When we pulled into the parking lot we realized that we had left our backpack for Parker sitting at home in the carport. We were so mad at our selves for leaving it. But oh well life goes on. At least we did not leave the treat bag at home or my kids might have died. It was the perfect weather for hiking. It was a little over casted and every now and then it would sprinkle just enough to cool us off. The boys did awesome and made it the whole way up and down without being carried, except for Parker of course. But even Parker on the way down wanted to walk. He had no shoes on and no shirt on but he wanted to walk like a big boy down the trail. He even walked through the cave. It is so tight in some places that there would have been no way that I would have fit if I were holding him. So he walked the whole tour. The boys had a lot of fun. Like I have said before anything that includes there cousins they are all for and they have to show how tough they are by walking the whole way. Thanks Larsen's for coming with us it made it a lot more fun!!!
Here is the whole group just after getting to the top!!!

Here is our little family(along with my nephew Cameron)

Here the boys are inside the caves!
1 comment:
I can't remember the last time I went!! I want to go. I wanted to go last year way bad but never made it! I am jealous, it looked like you had a good time and sounded fun. Good thing you forgot your pack then because it may have not fit during the cave part. Glad you remembered the treats though!! Of course they would have died!! lol
Post a Comment