Sunday, July 19, 2009

Orem Summer Fest

Who in Orem does not love the Orem Summer Fest! Alright do not answer that because we love it at our house!!! My Dad is a big, HUGE parade guy. So we hit a lot of parades in the summer time. I think the OremFest is my favorite. Here is my top 5 reasons. 1-It is at night so it is usually cooler. 2-It has amazing fireworks. 3-You gotta love all the high quality people that come out to it. 4-Great family time together. 5-Running into all your friends from way back when. So I have always been in charge of saving a spot for this parade. It use to be that the morning of I would get up early and go and lay out a blanket or two. Then a few years back I had to start laying it out before I went to bed the night before. Last year and this year I had to take 3 huge tarps and go on Thursday morning to get our sacred spot. I do have to say that I got a great spot this year with lots of shade and lots of space for us to all spread out.






I was very proud this year because my son's scout troop was able to be the flag boys for the start of the children's parade this year. McKay and his buddy Evan & Tanner and the scout leader Sister Moultan. Walked the whole parade with the flag. Good Job boys you guys looked great.




The weather this year was a little crazy & you where never sure what it was going to be like outside. So the whole parade it was great & then right at the end a big storm cloud came rolling in. So we gathered up the troops and headed home. After about an hour we drove back to a church and backed the mini in to watch the fireworks. I do have to say that Orem puts on a great firework show.

No comments: