Monday, February 28, 2011

Free Zoo Day

Through the months of November to February on the last Wednesday of the month the Hogle Zoo does a free day. I decided to be an awesome Mom & check the boys out of school early & go to the Zoo. When we got up there it was so busy. You would think only being 40 degrees that it would be a little cold for people to be hanging outside at the Zoo. But not in Utah that is like a heat wave here. The boys only wore hoodies & they were complaining that it was hot. It was a lot of fun & so nice not to have a huge stroller to fight through the crowds. The boys were so good & listened to me the time. Parker was so fun to watch he would get so excited about every animal. As we were walking out I was thinking to myself about all the money we saved & how much fun it was. Well we get out to the Van & what is on my window? A ticket, a parking ticket!!! Who gets a parking tickets? I can not even remember the last time I got a ticket, let alone I have never gotten a parking ticket. I was so mad & the boys could not help but laugh at me. Before I ruined our day I had to remind myself all the fun we had. Plus if you think about it the ticket was only $30 so I guess I still saved $30.

We always stop to get a picture at the Gorilla!!!




We love seeing the Tigers!



My favorite the Elephant!!!

We loved how close the Rhino was to the window!


The Leopard

I thought it was so cute how excited the boys got about the Peacock!!!

My little Gophers!!!


1 comment:

Tara said...

I bet it was awesome-all the animals come out when it's colder! What a fun mom to check them out-I will have to do that once! =)